Monday 12 April 2010

Rava Ladoo



Rava Ladoo is one of my favourite sweets and i simply adore these ladoos.  My mom used to make ladoos  and i remembered one instant recently when i was about to deliver my son Pranith,  i asked my mom "Mummy i feel like eating rava ladoo and murukku, she prepared for me immediately" i can not forget those things.  I love my mom so much. God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.


Ingredients

1 cup of sooji/semolina course
1/2 a cup of sugar or 3/4 (add according to ur taste)
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
3tbsp ghee
10 Raisins
15 cashewnuts
Warm milk to make the ladoos.


Directions

Heat a pan, add ghee and toast the cashews, raisins and keep them aside. 
Add sooji in the same pan roast for few minutes until the raw smell goes off and keep aside.  Now add sugar, cardamom powder, toasted cashews and raisins, few tsp of ghee (optional), Sooji and mix well.  Sprinkle warm milk on top it and using your hands form small balls i mean ladoos.  Be careful while forming the ladoos as it will break and hence it should be done gently and place it on the plate by decorating cashews on top of it.  Note:  you can also add coconut by roasting them in ghee. This is optional but if you add coconut, then you can't store ladoos for longer period. 
And now the ladoos are ready  and have fun by making these. 

2 comments: